Welcome to Unfuddle!
Unfuddle is a full-stack software project management tool. Through our platform, website, products and services (the "Service"), we help bring your projects to life.
- Types of Information We Collect
- Ways We Collect Information
- Cookies and Other Third-Party Tools
- Ways We Use Information We Collect
- Sharing Information
- Transferring Your Personal Data If You Are Outside the United States
- Our Legal Bases for Using Your Personal Information
- Your Rights and Choices Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information
- Onward Transfer of Information
- Security of Information
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- Contact Us
- Certain information we get from your usage of the Services, as described further in the next section.
We collect information that you provide us, from third parties, and automatically when you use the Services. We also collect information from cookies and other third party tools. We may also collect information about your location.
Information we get automatically from your use of the Services. Certain information is provided to us automatically from your use of the Services, including:
- Information about your browser type, language preference, referring site, and the time of each visit.
- Information about how you use the Service (e.g. search queries, how long you use the Service, when you use the Service).
- Information about your approximate location.
- Information about you such as your Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) accessed (which may reference the name of a board, card, username, or team), and the unique identification number associated with the account.
- Information collected from cookies, which is explained further in the following section.
Information you provide to us directly. We may collect the following personal information:
- Account information, such as your name, username, email address, postal address, telephone number and date of birth, if you choose to sign up for our Services.
- Transactional and financial information, including payment information, credit card number, expiration date, authentication code, and similar information, if you choose to purchase paid services.
- Information you provide when you communicate with us, such as emailing us for support. We reserve the right to publish it (absent any personally identifying information) in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or help other users.
In each case, we only collect as much information as is necessary or appropriate given the type of interaction. We do not disclose personally identifying information other than as described below. And you can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain activities or from using the Services.
Unfuddle is not intended to be used by individuals under the Lawful Age which is defined as: at least 16 years of age (or such greater age if required in Your country) if You are accessing Unfuddle from any Country within the European Economic Area; or at least 13 years of age if You are accessing Unfuddle from countries outside of the European Economic Area. Further, Unfuddle does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained information in violation of applicable laws, we will promptly delete the information. For more information on Unfuddle 's approach to children's use of Unfuddle (including our compliance with the U.S. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), please see the section of our Terms of Service titled "Users Under 13 Years of Age – Within the United States Only."
When we collect your personal information, we'll tell you how we're using it, any types of third parties to which we might disclose it, (other than "agents," such as vendors or contractors, who are only processing such information for us or at our direction), and the choices we offer you to limit the use of your information.
Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when you are first asked to provide us with personal information, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and we will notify you before we use the information for something other than the purpose for which it was originally collected.
Among other things, we may use information about you to:
- Allow you to register for our Services and to administer and process the registration;
- Communicate with you about our products, services and related issues;
- Evaluate the quality of our products and services, and to enhance your experience on our web sites;
- Maintain and administer our web sites and comply with our legal or internal obligations and policies;
- Transfer information to others as described in this policy or to satisfy our legal, regulatory, compliance, or auditing requirements, including to disclose information to law enforcement authorities upon validly served legal process or a valid judicial instruction (for example, pursuant to a court order);
- Charge you any fees and provide you with a receipt or resolve billing issues associated with your account;
- In the case of accounts created using business email domains, to provide your contact information to an administrator of the business email domain to facilitate the provision of additional products and/or services;
- To better understand how visitors use the Services and, where possible, to improve their experience. For instance, we log the time it takes to run database queries so that we can improve performance. In some cases, we may publicly display information that is not personally identifying in the aggregate, (e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our Services) or may provide the aggregate data to third parties. We don't use IP addresses or URL access information information to identify you, with one exception: we may discover, by reviewing log files, that a particular account is using the Services in a way that is degrading the experience for all the Services’ users. If this is discovered, we may look up personally identifiable information associated with that account in order to contact the account owner. We handle and disclose this information in the same way we handle other potentially personally identifying information as described below.
We will not share your personal information with non-agent third parties unless we are required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property, rights or those of third parties or the public at large. It is possible that we may, on occasion, buy or sell assets from or to other companies. If that should occur, user information is typically one of the assets that gets transferred.
Similarly, if Unfuddle or most of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information could be transferred or acquired. You should be aware that such events can occur, and that if it does, the buyer may continue to use your personal and non-personal information, but only as set forth in this policy. Other than in these rare circumstances, Unfuddle will not rent or sell potentially personally identifying information to anyone.
We may from time to time request some of your financial information for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, enrolling you in discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
If you are a registered user of our Services and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date with what's going on with the Services. If we do send you information that you did not expressly request, we will provide you with a way to request that you don't get any similar notices (opt-out, unsubscribe, etc.).
If you are outside the United States, any personally identifiable information you enter into the Services will be transferred out of your country and into the United States, and possibly to other countries. By using the Services, you consent to such transfer and are representing that you have the right to transfer such information outside your country.If you are accessing our Services from the European Union or United Kingdom, we will comply with applicable data protection laws anytime that we transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Some of the ways we will do so are:
- Where the transfer of your personal data is to a country that has officially been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Using the EU Model Clauses, which are specific contracts approved by the European Commission giving personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Transferring data to US-based providers if they are part of the Privacy Shield, which requires similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
If you are accessing our Services from the European Union and United Kingdom, we must only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. This means that one of the following must apply when we use your personal information:
- You have consented to the use of your personal information. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- We need to use your personal information to perform under our contract with you (i.e. providing our Services to you or processing payment for paid services).
- It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information, for example as follows: in connection with our Services; to ensure that our Services are secure; to tell you about changes to our Services; to improve our Services; to tell you about offers or promotions we are running; for business reasons (for example to develop our business or if we are thinking of selling our business); for operational purposes; to tell you about new services or products we are offering.
We provide a number of choices about how you may control the use, collection and storage of your personal information, and want you to be aware of that you have all of the following rights regarding your personal information:
- To “opt-out” of promotional or marketing emails from us.
- To have access to any personal information we hold about you.
- To ask us not to use your personal information for direct-marketing purposes.
- To ask us to erase the personal information we hold about you.
- To restrict the way that we process your personal information.
- To have a copy of any personal information which we hold about you.
- To have your personal information provided to a third-party provider of services.
- To object to our processing of your personal information.
- To complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA and Switzerland are available here.
You have the ability to correct, update, modify or delete your personalinformation by updating your information in the Services. Please note that some information may remain in our records even after you request deletion of your information. Additionally, there may be limits to the amount of information we can practically provide. For example, we may limit an individual's access to personal information where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual's privacy or where doing so would violate others' rights.
Please contact us using the details below with any questions or requests in regards to any of the above.
Prior to providing agents with any personal information, we will obtain assurances that they will safeguard it in accordance with this policy. In the unlikely event that we should discover that an agent is using personal information in a way that conflicts with this policy, we will take all reasonable steps to stop it immediately.
All records containing personal or financial information are considered to be our property and are afforded confidential treatment at all times. We work hard to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personal or financial information. All such electronic information is stored on restricted database servers, and is generally kept until such time as you may ask us to edit or delete it, as described below. We only disclose such information to our employees, contractors or affiliates that a) need to know that information in order to process it for us or to provide other services, and b) have agreed not to disclose it to others.
All interactions with our Services use the Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer (TLS/SSL) protocol. We use a third-party, industry-accepted Payment Gateway to securely process credit card transactions.
We retain personal information as long as your account is active or as required to provide you with the Services. If you decide to close your account with us, we will generally delete your personal information, except in certain circumstances such as retaining certain personal information in anonymized or aggregated form about your use of the Services to analyze and improve the Services. We may also retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third party, or to comply with the law.
If you have any questions about this policy or our site in general, please contact us at email@example.com.